The International Trade Center SBDC is looking for enthusiastic interns for the fall, spring and summer semesters. The position requires an interest in marketing, international business, customer service, international market research, and seminar planning. We are looking for undergraduate and graduate school students who have a passion and interest in international affairs, are reliable, and can represent our center in the community.
Typical duties include:
- compile briefing materials for seminars and conferences
- opportunity to meet with client companies
- compile market research reports for our clients
- provide customer service to our clients
- work with other international organizations in the city
- 15 hours per week, minimum 4 hour days (between 9:00 - 5:00 Monday through Friday)
- Availability on Wednesdays/Thursdays to attend seminars is important!
The basic competencies we are looking for in interns include:
- Computer literacy - MSOffice and Access Database Software used office
- Aptitude for research and an interest for working with the public
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Flexibility, positive attitude and people oriented
- Commitment to the assigned hours
- Good telephone skills
- Language skills helpful
While our internships are unpaid, as an intern you get the opportunity to:
- Earn the international training certificates
- Network with clients and trade professionals in the area
- Learn current international marketing research techniques and tools
- Free attendance to select international events throughout the metroplex
- Earn college credit (if requested)
Working at our center is a great resume builder. Many of our interns have moved on to great jobs in the private sector. If you’re interested in this opportunity, email your resume directly to email@example.com.Please note that spring internship positions have already been filled, but we welcome resumes for fall semester.