Interested in Becoming a
Certified Global Business Professional?
Join Us for the CGBP Prep Course!!
What is the NASBITE CGBP?
The NASBITE CGBP provides a benchmark for competency in global commerce. The CGBP:
Establishes a professional development goal to ensure full understanding of the profession
Demonstrates a two year benchmark for competency in global commerce within Global Business, Management, Global Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Trade Finance for students and professionals needing to gain a competitive edge for a career in international business
Confirms global competency in the four trade domains mentioned above for young trade professionals
Click here for the CGBP PREP Course flyer 2013
Who Can Benefit from CGBP Designation?
Young professionals looking to confirm global competency. For candidates just beginning, it establishes a professional development goal to ensure a full understanding of the profession.
2013 CGBP Prep Course Package
Richland College and the International Trade Center SBDC are teaming up to offer the CGBP Prep Courses for the exam window which takes place June 10-22, 2013. Our package contains the following components to prepare you for this year’s exam:
5 Friday prep sessions
• Interactive Presentations
• Industry Expert Guests
• Learning Exercises, Activities
• Practice Exam Questions
These Friday sessions will be on the following dates: 05/03, 05/10, 05/17, 05/24 and 05/31.
2012 Global Market Series presentations
• Selected Modules Import Series
• Selected Modules Export Series
Taught by the industry experts, these are complete recordings of the GMS webinars.
Required Supplementary Text Book
The following book is an essential part of the preparation for the CGBP exam, and will be referred to during the course for further study:
The Global Entrepreneur, 2nd Edition
Optional Supplementary Text Books
For those looking for additional references, the following books complement the content of the CGBP Prep Course, and will be referred to occasionally:
Where will the Prep Course and exam take place?
All individual Prep Course sessions will be held at the Richland Community College in Dallas, TX.
The NASBITE CGBP Exam will be held at various offsite testing locations.
What Specific Information will be Covered?
Presented by CGBPs and marketing professionals, this section will cover the most imprtant aspects of the domain, highlighted with industry insights from the world of global marketing. Specific knowledge items will include:
- Evaluating Internal and External Marketing Environments
- Developing a Global Marketing Plan
- Product Selection and Target Markets
- Sales and Profitability Planning
- Developing Marketing Budgets
- Global Pricing Strategies
- Promotional, Distribution, and Sales Strategies
Global Business Management
This section will cover the basic theories and key functions of global management, presented by current CGBPs. Insights by industry professionals will be included to enhance concepts. Specific knowledge items will include:
- The Global Mission Statement
- Consideration of Ethical and Cultural Issues
- Global Strategic Planning
- Research Concepts/Techniques
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Developing Regulatory Compliance Efforts
- Intellectual Property and Other Legal Issues
Supply Chain Management
This section will include the basics of supply chain management and logistics, with input from supply chain professionals and interactive exercises to highlight important topics. Specific knowledge items will include:
- Optimizing Supply Chain Solutions
- Evaluation and Selection of Intermediaries
- Understanding Terms of Trade and INCOTERMS
- International Trade Documentation
- Calculation of Final, ‘True’ Landed Costs
- Global Sourcing and Procurement
This section will explore the major concepts of global finance and payments, with real-world scenarios taught by current CGBPs and financial professionals. Specific knowledge items will include:
- Assessing Political and Economic Risks
- Evaluating Global Currency Exchange Risk
- Understanding and Implementing Methods of Payment
- Letters of Credit
- Internal vs. External Financing
- Short-Term vs. Long-Term Financing
How much do the prep course and exam cost?
The cost for the CGBP Prep Course is $375.00, payable to the International Trade Center SBDC. If you are a student, SBDC employee, SBA employee, or a member of the Department of Commerce call for special pricing.
Please note that this amount does NOT cover CGBP exam fees. This fee is payable separately, and is the responsibility of the participant to ensure timely payment and registration. Registration for the exam is available online at www.nasbitecgbp.org.
“Ultimately, (CGBP Certification) helps any organization to validate not only what one person knows, but the whole team…It’s something very tangible.”
- Reynaldo Cano, CGBP since 2004
For more information, please contact:
Alexandra Bowen, CGBP
Trade Services Manager &
Market Research Assistance
International Trade Center SBDC
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The contents of this NASBITE CGBP publication were developed under a grant from the Business and International Education (BIE) Program, U.S. Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.